This is a list of Motor devices that are available in the game (you can add more motor types to the category by using the Template:Motor).
Motors are the engines of the ships, they determine the speed and capacity of a ship. Motor operators can change the ship's current speed, and to exit the Astral Hangar.
The maximum speed of the ship is affected by the speed and power of a motor, the total weight of the devices it has installed, and the amount of treasure chests it is carrying:
- each treasure chest will reduce the maximum speed of the ship, typically by 0.7-0.9 knots
- damaged motor will reduce the maximum speed of the ship, so repairing motors is a high priority task
- ship weight (determined by the weight of all installed devices) that exceeds the Weight Load, will reduce the maximum speed by a percentage (equal to the Ship Weight/Weight Load ratio). In practice it will only happen with the weakest motors such as the default one, since motors are usually upgraded before the device weight becomes an issue.
Motors consume increasing amounts of energy in deeper layers of Astral, especially when moving at the highest speed setting. Second/Third generation motors are necessary to prevent overheating the reactor in these layers.
Motors can be found as loot in Phosphorus sectors.
- Strength: durability (hitpoints) of the device
- Weight: weight of the device (affects the speed of the ship)
- Speed: the absolute maximum speed of the ship
- Acceleration: the acceleration rate of the ship, knots per second
- Weight Load: affects the speed of the ship, based on the weight of installed devices
- Peak Capacity: How much Power/Heat the motor Uses/Generates at max speed *(unconfirmed)
|Motor||Weight||Speed||Acceleration||Weight Load||Peak Capacity|
|Rare Motor I||11.5||24||0.8||115||50|
|Up-to-date Rare Bolstered I||15.2||25||0.9||183.5||46|
|Up-to-date Rare High-Speed I||13.23||30||1.4||158.7||64|
|Up-to-date Rare Reinforced I||13.22||35||1||158.7||83|
|Up-to-date Rare Stream-Lined I||11.5||35||1.25||138||64|
|Epic Bolstered I||18.5||24||0.8||185.1||50|
|Epic High-Speed I||14.5||24||1.1||132.2||50|
|Up-to-date Epic Stream-Lined I||13.2||35||1.4||158.7||50|
|Up-to-date Reinforced II||15.29||35||1.1||183.54||95.76|
|Up-to-date Rare Reinforced II||17.58||35||1||211.07||110.39|
|Up-to-date Customized Motor(II)||19.34||40||1||200||66.5|
|Up-to-date Stream-Lined III||17.69||35||1.1||212.27||99.06|
|Up-to-date Reinforced III||20.34||35||1.1||244.11||127.36|
|Up-to-date Rare Motor III||20.34||30||0.9||244.11||81.37|
|Up-to-date Rare Reinforced III||23.38||35||1||280.72||146.82|
|Up-to-date Rare Stream-Lined III||20.34||35||1.25||244.11||113.21|
All items (23)