This is a list of ship reactors that are available in the game (you can add more reactor types to the category by using the Template:Reactor).
Reactor is one of the most important parts of a ship. To choose the ideal reactor, take into consideration the other devices that you are planning to use:
- if the devices use small amounts of energy but very often, you will need a reactor with lower Maximum Load but with a lot of Power.
- Power-hungry devices that use more energy but less often (such as Artilleries or powerful Cannons) will benefit more from a less powerful reactor that has higher Maximum Load.
- The criteria used for choosing shields can be used for choosing a matching reactor as well.
- As a general rule, more Power is better.
If the ship uses up more energy than the reactor can provide (the Reactor Load indicator will go to red), the reactor will shut down, burst (*discharge mana) or explode. Shutting down will immobilize the ship, bursting (*discharging mana) will damage all devices on the ship, while an explosion will destroy the ship.
Reactors can be found as loot in Arsenic sectors.
- Strength: durability (hitpoints) of the device
- Weight: weight of the device (affects the speed of the ship)
- Maximum Load: the capacity of the reactor (the amount of energy it can generate before it overheats).
- Power: the amount of heat that is removed every second
- Emergency Shut Down: Immediately turns off the reactor and all devices until the heat returns to safe levels, which can be useful during an overheat.
- Self-Destruction: Initiates a self-destruction process that takes several seconds to complete. Mostly useful in PvP.
- Start Hull Repairs: The hull will be repaired when out of combat, but the repair process will decrease the hull integrity. The lost hull points will be restored when the owner of the ship contracts the Hangar Overseers to repair the ship, and provides enough hardware to start the repairs. Since hull damage can be instantly repaired with no penalty simply by entering any Hangar, this feature should be used only when absolutely necessary.
- Stop Hull Repairs: Ends the repair process.
|Up-to-date Reactor I||25||1800||60||-|
|Up-to-date Compact I||1200||60|
|Up-to-date Energized I||1950||50|
|Up-to-date Pulsing I||25||1650||70||increased chance to discharge mana (*burst)|
|Up-to-date Stabilized I||33||2250||65||particularly unsafe|
|Up-to-date Rare I||29||2070||69||-|
|Up-to-date Rare Compact I||21||1725||74.75||particularly safe|
|Up-to-date Rare Energized I||33||3105||57.5||-|
|Up-to-date Rare Pulsing I||29||1898||80.5||increased chance to discharge mana (*burst)|
|Up-to-date Rare Stabilized I||38||2588||74.75||particularly unsafe|
|Up-to-date Epic I||33||2381||79.35||-|
|Up-to-date Epic Compact I||25||1984||85.96||particularly safe|
|Up-to-date Compact II||25.27||1995||86.45||particularly safe|
|Up-to-date Energized II||38.57||3591||66.5||increased chance to shut down|
|Up-to-date Rare II||38.57||2753||91.77||-|
|Up-to-date Rare Compact II||27.93||2294||99.42||increased safety|
|Up-to-date Rare Energized II||43.89||4129||76.47||increased chance to shut down|
|Up-to-date Epic II||43.89||3166||105.53||-|
|Up-to-date Compact III||2653||115||particularly safe|
|Up-to-date Energized III||4776||88.4||increased chance to shut down|
|Up-to-date Pulsing III||44.22||2918||123.82||increased chance to discharge mana (*burst)|
|Up-to-date Stabilized III||58.37||3980||114.98||particularly unsafe|
|Up-to-date Rare III||51.30||3661||122.05||-|
|Up-to-date Rare Compact III||37.15||3051||132.22||increased safety|
|Up-to-date Rare Energized III||58.37||5492||101.71||increased chance to shut down|
|Up-to-date Rare Stabilized III||67.22||4577||132.22||particularly unsafe|
|Up-to-date Rare Pulsing III||51.30||3357||142.40||increased chance to discharge mana (*burst)|
All items (41)